As the world responds to the global COVID-19 pandemic, the way we deliver health care and nursing education is changing rapidly. For nursing faculty, this new reality has brought an urgent need to use virtual simulation to ensure students gain the practice experiences they will need as future nurses.
Many educators across the country are looking for virtual simulation products that will meet the objectives of the particular courses they will be teaching in the coming year and are appropriate in the Canadian context. Our francophone educators are also seeking French language products.
To assist our member schools, the Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing (CASN) invited several virtual simulation vendors to present information about their products, resources, equipment, and ideas related to virtual simulation. This provided educators an opportunity to see what different virtual simulation vendors are offerings, watch demos, and ask questions. Posted below are brochures and flyers provided by the vendors.
- Date: Wednesday June 17, 2020
- Time: 9 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (Ontario/Quebec time). End time will depend on the final number of vendors who participate.
- Cost: $0
Participating vendors are listed below. Vendor representatives’ contact information is provided on this list:
- Canadian Alliance of Nurse educators using Simulation (CAN-Sim)
- Elsevier Canada
- Laerdal Medical Canada Ltd.
- Nasco Healthcare
- Oxford Medical Simulation
- Wolters Kluwer
- Arc Business Solutions Inc.
- Healthcare Learning Innovations
- I-Human Patients by Kaplan
- Nurse Achieve
- Medicor Lab
Each vendor presentation time is listed on YouTube in the description area.
Note: Vendor presentations are primarily in English.