CASN/ACESI (Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing/Association canadienne des écoles de sciences infirmières) is the national voice for nursing education, research, and scholarship and represents baccalaureate and graduate nursing programs in Canada.
The objectives of CASN/ACESI are:
To lead nursing education and nursing scholarship in the interest of healthier Canadians.
- Speaks for Canadian nursing education and scholarship
- Establishes and promotes national standards of excellence for nursing education
- Promotes the advancement of nursing knowledge
- Facilitates the integration of theory, research and practice
- Contributes to public policy
- Provides a national forum for issues in nursing education and research
CASN/ACESI is a bilingual organization.
CASN/ACESI is . . .
- a voluntary association
- representative of all universities and colleges which offer part or all of an undergraduate or graduate degree in nursing
- the official accrediting agency for university nursing programs in Canada
- a member of the Association of Accrediting Agencies of Canada (AAAC)
- a member of the Canadian Consortium for Research and the Network for the Advancement of Health Services Research
- associated with the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC)
- a member of national and international networks for discussion of issues in higher education and nursing
The Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing respectfully acknowledges that its national office is located on the traditional unceded territory of the Algonquin People.
More information about CASN/ACESI is available by contacting our national office :
Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing
Association canadienne des écoles de sciences infirmières
1145 Hunt Club Rd., Suite 450
Ottawa, Ontario, K1V 0Y3
Tel: (613) 235-3150 Fax: (613) 235-4476