CASN/ACESI (Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing/Association canadienne des écoles de sciences infirmières) is the national voice for nursing education, research, and scholarship and represents baccalaureate and graduate nursing programs in Canadaa.
The objectives of CASN/ACESI are:
To lead nursing education and nursing scholarship in the interest of healthier Canadians.
- Speaks for Canadian nursing education and scholarship
- Establishes and promotes national standards of excellence for nursing education
- Promotes the advancement of nursing knowledge
- Facilitates the integration of theory, research and practice
- Contributes to public policy
- Provides a national forum for issues in nursing education and research
CASN/ACESI is a bilingual organization.
CASN/ACESI is . . .
- a voluntary association
- representative of all universities and colleges which offer part or all of an undergraduate or graduate degree in nursing
- the official accrediting agency for university nursing programs in Canada
- a member of the Association of Accrediting Agencies of Canada (AAAC)
- a member of the Canadian Consortium for Research and the Network for the Advancement of Health Services Research
- associated with the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC)
- a member of national and international networks for discussion of issues in higher education and nursing
More information about CASN/ACESI is available by contacting our national office :
Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing
Association canadienne des écoles de sciences infirmières
1145 Hunt Club Rd., Suite 450
Ottawa, Ontario, K1V 0Y3
Tel: (613) 235-3150 Fax: (613) 235-4476
or through our website: www.casn.ca