Conference dates: May 25 to 26, 2020
City: Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Location: The Westin Calgary – 320 4th Avenue SW
Theme: Responding to the Complexity of Nursing Education and Practice
- Ethical issues in nursing education
- Nursing knowledge within the curriculum
- Simulation/digital practices
- Assessments and evaluation
- Graduate education
Post-Conference workshops: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 – Morning
Workshop Topics – Select one:
- Relationship building using simulation – max 60 spots available.
- Assessment and Evaluation Strategies in Nursing Education – max 40 spots available
- Research and Scholarship – max 24 spots available
Registration closes: Friday, May 15, 2020
Conference – May 25-26:
Cost includes breakfasts, lunches and breaks
|Early bird (up to and including March 20)||after March 20|
|Member||$675 CDN||$725 CDN|
|Non-member||$725 CDN||$775 CDN|
|Student||$370 CDN||$395 CDN|
Networking Reception – evening of Monday, May 25 – optional:
Post-Conference Workshop – morning of Wednesday, May 27 – optional
$175 CDN – cost includes breakfast
Hotel Reservation Information
Book your hotel reservation before April 24, 2020, 5 p.m. Calgary time to secure the special CASN Conference 2020 guestroom rate ($219.00 for traditional Westin Room) by clicking here: Event Reservations
For additional reservations assistance, please call 1-888-627-8417 and mention the “Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing (CASN)” guestroom block.
Marriott Bonvoy loyalty members receive special perks when staying at The Westin Calgary. Consider becoming a member here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty.mi
Travelling to the Conference
Air Canada is offering a travel discount for conference attendees.
- For North America: 5% standard fares, 10% flex & up
- For International Travel: 10% on standard fares & up
Promotion Code: KR9PZKD1
To book a flight with your promotion code, access www.aircanada.com and enter your promotion code in the promotion box. The discount will be automatically calculated for you.
- The booking is to be made to the following city: Calgary, YYC (Alberta, Canada)
- The travel period begins May 18, 2020 and ends June 3, 2020.
- Travel is valid Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
- The promotion code is intended for use by conference attendees and organizers and is not meant for distribution outside of authorized channels. Air Canada’s Terms and Conditions apply.
Abstract Submission Details
You are invited to submit an abstract for the Canadian Nursing Education Conference. CASN will be accepting the following types of abstract submissions in French or English:
- Work-in-Progress or Proposals for Future Research
- On-going projects
- Moderated Round-Table Presentations of PhD students with thesis in progress
Please see Abstract Flyer for detailed information and submission instructions.
DEADLINE EXTENDED – Abstracts must be submitted online by Monday, January 20, 2020.
If your organization is interested in becoming a sponsor or exhibitor, please see details provided in the Sponsorship/Exhibitor Package.
Please contact Roxanne Nizio, Administrative Officer-Event Coordinator
Tel: (613) 235-3150 Extension 133