CASN-Infoway Digital Health Nursing Faculty Peer Leaders
The Digital Health Nursing Faculty Peer Leaders (Peer Leaders) will assist CASN with the Faculty Peer Leader Network – Increasing Momentum and Overcoming Barriers in Fostering Essential e-Health Competencies in the Next Generation of Nurses project. The goal of this project is to successfully foster the integration of consumer health content in nursing education across Canada through the creation of an effective peer network and an educational resource used to support nursing faculty.
Terms of Reference:
Working with CASN, the Peer Leaders will:
- Provide advice and guidance in the development of a consumer health solutions resource for nursing faculty;
- Provide advice and guidance in the development of the Digital Health Nursing Faculty Peer Network;
- Mentor at least seven nursing faculty in the area of digital health and consumer health solutions;
- Assist CASN in creating and disseminating the baseline and follow up digital health survey to mentees;
- Complete the Peer Leader reporting requirements; and,
- Assist in the dissemination of the knowledge products and information about the Peer Network
Term of Office and Membership
The project work will begin in January 2015 and will conclude March 31, 2016. The Peer Leaders are:
- Nursing faculty champions who have a background and interest in digital health , including:
- Four faculty from the Western-North Western Region
- Four faculty from the Ontario Region
- One bilingual faculty from the Québec Region
- One faculty from the Atlantic Region
- A liaison from the CASN Board of Directors
- The Peer Leaders will be led by a Chair approved by the CASN Executive Director.
The Peer Leaders will meet bi-monthly by teleconference or through on-line venues. There will be one face-to-face meeting in March 2015 that Peer Leaders are asked to attend. CASN will cover the costs of attending this in person meeting for Peer Leaders.
Approved by CASN Board of Directors: March 31, 2015