Guest Co-Editors for the Special Edition:
Dr. Barbara Astle, RN, PhD, FCAN, FAAN
Dr. Lucie Richard, PhD
Quality Advancement in Nursing Education – Avancées en formation infirmière is issuing a call for submissions for the upcoming special issue on planetary health and well-being in nursing education.
This special edition seeks contributions to the emerging scientific field of planetary health, which is a paradigm for practice and a growing movement for global change. Planetary health is a solutions-oriented transdisciplinary field and social movement focused on analyzing and addressing the impacts of human disruptions to Earth’s natural systems on human health and all life on Earth (Planetary Health Alliance, 2023). The climate crisis has caused biodiversity loss, rising temperatures, droughts, wildfires, and other natural disasters that impact the health and well-being of humanity and other life forms. The health of humans and the health of the planet are directly interconnected, and the Earth’s natural systems are threatened.
We call for research drawing on previous work situating the role of nursing education and educators in preparing nurses for advocacy and advancing sustainable development goals. Nurse educators are in key positions to safeguard the health and well-being of humanity and the planet Earth.
We welcome submissions regarding but not limited to the following topics, with a clear link to nursing or health professional education:
- Planetary health education
- Indigenous ways of knowing related to planetary health
- Sustainable development goals (SDGs) and planetary health
- Equity and ethics in planetary health
- Environmental racism, justice, and stewardship
- Spirituality, faith traditions, and holistic practice in planetary health
- Nurses’ roles in planetary health sustainability
- Climate change and climate justice
- Planetary health and infectious diseases
- Planetary health and structurally vulnerable populations
- Planetary health and migration
- Planetary health and conflict
- Mental health and climate change
- Economics for planetary health
- Policy and action frameworks
We encourage submissions from a diversity of perspectives and types of contributions, including empirical or theoretical papers, descriptions of practices, testimonies with reflective analyses, and analytical comments.
Submission deadline: March 29, 2024
Publication: September 2024
To submit an article, please visit: https://qane-afi.casn.ca/journal/
Please contact Arin Klein (email@example.com) for further details.