The Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing (CASN) is pleased to present Registered Nurses Education in Canada Statistics, 2019–2020 — Registered Nurse Workforce, Canadian Production: Potential New Supply.
This annual report supports health human resources planning in both the nursing service and nursing education sectors. It represents the fruit of a strong partnership among national and provincial and territorial bodies and effective collaborative relationships with multiple stakeholders.
The report provides data and statistical analysis of:
- the number of pre-licensure graduates eligible to apply for initial licensure/registration and enter the registered nurse (RN) workforce;
- the number of RNs obtaining graduate qualifications;
- the number of nurse practitioner (NP) graduates;
- innovations in nursing education program access and delivery;
- the composition of faculty delivering nursing education; and
- faculty retention and recruitment.