Nursing faculty in Canada are a productive and energetic group when it comes to scholarship! CASN’s Notes on Nursing Scholarship newsletter is a chance for you to share what you’re working on with others, and to learn about work happening across the country.
The theme for our fourth edition will be “Nursing Research & Scholarship: Learnings from COVID-19”
For reference, see CASN’s COVID-19 Position Statement below:
CASN is requesting submissions to promote the exchange of information related to the rapidly changing COVID-19 pandemic. Proposed submissions on COVID-19 research, education and scholarship may include but are not limited to:
- New research or an adapted presentation of research that is relevant to the global pandemic and nursing education
- Unique endeavors, initiatives, or innovative approach to address COVID-19 challenges
- Examining an area of nursing within the context of COVID-19 (e.g. mental health, public health, caring for older adults)
- New ways of teaching and learning during the pandemic
Submissions for this edition may be:
- Summaries of new COVID-19 research
- Summaries of in-progress* research or scholarship projects.
- Videos (one minute or less) describing your project.
- Notices about up-coming research conferences or scholarship-related events.
- Notices about new publications.
Please limit length to 200-350 words include your contact information and a photo for publication.
**Students are welcome to make submissions of any of the above, as well!
Submissions that appear in Notes on Nursing Scholarship are selected by the members of the CASN Research and Scholarship Committee.
Please send your submission to Julia Thomas, CASN Education Policy Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec 1, 2020.
*For information on submitting the results of your project to CASN’s peer-reviewed publication, please visit the webpage of the Journal of Quality Advancement in Nursing Education.