CASN/ACESI (Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing/Association canadienne des écoles de sciences infirmières) is the national voice for nursing education, research, and scholarship and represents baccalaureate and graduate nursing programs in Canada.
This is a 4 week internship position with the Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing. At least 2 weeks of the term will be at the national office in Ottawa. Up to 2 weeks of the term can be completed remotely. The position is open to students pursuing a master’s degree in nursing or associated graduate studies in health care.
What to expect:
The internship will begin with a full day of orientation meetings with CASN staff members from various departments. The intern will have the opportunity to acquire knowledge about departmental projects, committees and responsibilities.
- During the onsite placement at the national office students will sit in on high-level meetings and attend project planning sessions
- Exposure to policy, process and national committees related to nursing education
- Support from education policy staff
What we look for:
- Individuals passionate about nursing education
- Interest in the field of nursing education policy
- Positive outlook
- Flexible attitude
What we offer:
- Direct exposure to committees and project teams
- Opportunities to contribute to the development of new policies and projects
- Work with experienced policy and project team staff
- Comfortable office space
If interested in this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to Cynthia Baker, Executive Director, CASN email@example.com by April 30, 2015.