What do the interest groups do?
CASN interest groups provide nurse educators an opportunity to discuss ideas, exchange information, build research and scholarship capacity, as well as promote quality of a specific area of nursing education, at a national level.
What CASN interest groups currently exist?
CASN currently offers the following Nurse Educator Interest Groups:
- Nurse Practitioner
- Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- Clinical Instructor
- Mental Health
- Community Health
- Occupational Health
What are the benefits in taking part?
- Strengthen the voice of nurse educators and build a specialty-/interest-focused based among nurse educators
- Participate in a forum for knowledge translation and idea exchange to raise awareness and call attention to practice issues, current trends, evolving challenges, successes, and key milestones, in the area of interest
- Share resources and tools pertaining to the specific area of interest
- Foster capacity among faculty in Canadian schools of nursing in the specialty/interest area, by participating in on-going relevant conversations, offering webinars, presentations and talks on topics of interest
- Explore potential collaborations, such as joint initiatives, research projects, and publications
How often do members meet?
Members meet four times a year, via teleconference.
What kind of activities might members undertake?
Members may select one or more key issues where concerted group action may be valuable, and undertake any of the following activities:
- Share information and practices in a key area within the group
- Create a newsletter (published once a year by CASN through online newsletter platform; highlighted in CASN’s Newsletters) to heighten visibility, celebrate successes, and advance knowledge around key areas
- Plan a webinar (or series of webinars) to deepen understanding of critical issues and engage in national discussions on hot topics
- Prepare for a conference
- Collaborate on a joint project or publication
How do I become a member?
Registration is only $50.00 (per person, per group, per year)
The CASN membership year spans from July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019
***Cancellation Policy: Interest group membership is non-refundable. CASN reserves the right to cancel any group activity that does not meet minimal group requirements.
Looking for more information?
Click here to read the CASN Nurse Educator Interest Group Terms of Reference (2018)
Still have questions? Contact our CASN Staff member, Julia Thomas at email@example.com