TORONTO, April 20, 2016 – A nurse practitioner who works to improve the lives of young people with eating disorders, and a professor who counsels and empowers women who are genetically predisposed to breast cancer to make the best possible prevention decisions – these are just two examples of the recipients of the 2016 Council of Ontario University Programs in Nursing (COUPN) awards for excellence in nursing.
Read the full 2016 COUPN Awards Release
Congratulations to all the winners of the 2016 COUPN awards!
- Doctoral Dissertation: Dr. Krista Keilty, University of Toronto
- Excellence in Professional Nursing Practice at the Undergraduate Student Level: Karen Frecker, University of Toronto
- Excellence in Teaching: Jason Kiernan, University of Windsor
- Masters Student Award of Excellence: Jennifer Cohen, University of Toronto
- Preceptor Recognition: Daniella Betteto, London Health Sciences Centre
- Scholarship into Practice: Dr. Kelly Metcalfe, University of Toronto
- Strategic Contribution to Nursing Education: Dr. Cynthia Baker, Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing
- Teaching Innovation: Dr. Jasna K. Schwind, Ryerson University