UCalgary Faculty of Nursing | Mount Royal School of Nursing & Midwifery | Athabasca University
The Western and North-Western Region Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing annual conference provides an opportunity to connect with colleagues and engage in scholarly discourse about nursing and nursing education. We welcome faculty/instructors, nurses in practice, graduate students/undergraduate students, and anyone interested in advancing nursing education and nursing scholarship.
Come and join the conversation, as we explore innovations for the future and reimagine nursing education.
2018 Conference Sub-themes
- Rejuvenating nursing education through technology: Informatics, simulation, active learning strategies and interactive technology in teaching and learning practice.
- Revitalizing foundations for nursing practice: Evaluating for competence, affective competency, ethical comportment, championing compassion, NCLEX, high-stakes simulation, and assessment strategies.
- Responding to diversity and globalization within a changing student demographic: Globalization of healthcare and indigenizing nursing curriculum.
- Reinvesting in nursing leadership: Leadership in nursing education, luminaires, transition to the nurse educator role, fostering future leaders, faculty leadership development, leadership in nursing curriculum, and leadership in the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Re-envisioning nursing education for the future: Pondering pedagogical disruptors, creative pedagogy, lessons learned, and future trends.
Stay tuned for full conference program including preconference workshops.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS NOW OPEN
Completed research or projects, works in progress, and best practices relative to the conference sub-themes will be considered for oral and poster presentations.