CASN hosts a council meeting, a conference, workshops, forums, and symposiums throughout the year where nurse educators have an opportunity to network. The community building of these networking opportunities has helped to strengthen and unify the voice of nurse educators. Recognizing the vastness of our country and the need to provide further networking opportunities without extensive travel, CASN is pleased to announce to you the inception of Canadian Nurse Educator Interest Groups!
CASN is launching special interest groups to provide our members with a new opportunity to meet and have regular discussions with educators from across Canada who share a common area of interest and expertise!
The first three Nurse Educator Interest Groups CASN is launching are:
- Nurse Practitioner Education
- Palliative and End-of-Life Care Education
- Internationally Educated Nurse Education
NEW Canadian Nurse Educator Interest Groups: April 1, 2013 – March 31, 2014
- Clinical Instructor
Activities for the interest groups will include:
- Knowledge translation and idea exchange
- Identification and discussion of cross cutting regional issues
- Sharing of resources pertaining to the specific area of interest
- Opportunities for collaboration on publications.
CASN will organize three virtual meetings per year, publish a newsletter twice annually for each of the special interest groups, and provide a platform for these groups to engage in discussions and activities promoting quality education in these areas.
Membership year – Febuary 1, 2013-March 31, 2014